Recognizing Your Expectation of Privacy
Every customer expects his or her personal and financial information to remain private. We intend to uphold your privacy expectations, and have put standards and procedures in place to make sure we do so.
Maintaining Accurate Information
We work hard to ensure that your information is accurate, current, and complete. Should you believe information we have to be inaccurate or incomplete, please notify us. We will investigate your concerns and correct any inaccuracies.
Information We Collect About You
We collect different kinds of information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms.
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other form (this may be obtained from, but is not restricted to, your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you have conducted financial transactions);
- Information about your transactions with us, or others including those companies that work closely with us to provide you with diverse financial products and services;
- Information we receive from a credit report agency and;
- Information we may obtain from consumer purchasing and census data providers to develop competitive marketing programs for our customers.
Disclosure of Information to Parties that Provide Services to Us
We may disclose public non-financial information we collect, as provided by state and/or federal law and as described above, to companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements, so that we may provide customers competitive products and services. We may also disclose non-public personal information about you under circumstances as permitted or required by state and/or federal law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of The First National Bank of McHenry, or follow your instructions as you authorize or protect the security of financial records. The bank maintains relationships with certain outside vendors, such as auditors and data processors, to provide services that directly benefit you. When necessary, we provide personally identifiable information as part of this relationship. Those vendors which we use have similar privacy standards and maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Disclosure of Information About Former Customers
If you decide to terminate your relationship with The First National Bank of McHenry, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be required by state and/or federal law and will remove any information from our files within a reasonable period of time.
How to Opt Out or Stop Certain Disclosures About You
At this time, we do not intend to disclose non-public personal information other than as noted above. If in the future, The First National Bank of McHenry intends to disclose non-public information other than the above, The First National Bank of McHenry will provide an additional notice, and provide an opportunity to opt out if applicable. The opt out does not apply to disclosures that are legally permitted or required or to disclosures that The First National Bank of McHenry makes to companies that perform services on our behalf or to other financial institutions that have joint marketing agreements with The First National Bank of McHenry.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to non-public information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your non-public personal information.
What You Can Do to Help
The First National Bank of McHenry is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers. You can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) and passwords. Never keep your PIN with your debit or credit card as it can provide access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc., to other persons. If someone calls you, explains the call is on behalf of The First National Bank of McHenry and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official First National Bank of McHenry staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information current. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know.
Let us know if you have any questions. Please do not hesitate to call us - we are here to serve you. Call (815)385-5400 or visit your closest First National Bank of McHenry Office.
If you visit our website to obtain information, we may collect the following information about you:
- The name of the domain from which you access the internet;
- The date and time you access our site.
- The internet address of the website from which you directly linked to our site.
This information tells us how many visitors are accessing different areas of our website so we may make our site more useful. We will not sell or otherwise knowingly provide this information to a non-affiliated third party.
If you identify yourself by sending an e-mail:
We will collect and retain only information you voluntarily choose to send us. This information will be used in various ways to help the bank plan and develop products and provide services to our current and potential customers. Please be aware e-mail is not a secure format for which to send personal information.